Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Traffic

I am especially in need of a post like this right now as I have definitely learned how important it is to stop for a moment and take in the blessings that surround you, not only when all is well in the world, but during the dark times as well. I'm focusing my gratitudes today specifically on my commute to and from work. Anyone that lives, or has lived, in Atlanta will understand why this can be the most trying time of my day. So for the past few weeks I have purposefully set my mind on finding the beauty to be seen in the 2 1/2 to 3 hours I spend behind the wheel each day and today I want to share some of them with you.

1. The pretty pink leaf that fell on my windsheild last week and cheerfully fluttered under my wiper blade for several blocks.

2. Seeing a highschool boy walking down the street with a dozen red roses in his hand and a huge grin on his face.

3. The playlists I created for my morning and afternoon commute. {I don't believe there is anything better than really great music to ease the stress of a long drive}

4. The weather cooling just enough to turn the a/c off and roll the windows down.

Now it's your turn, what has made you smile lately?

5 comments:

picciolo said...

What a long commute you have, I hope these things do make it a little easier for you. Love your monday mosaic too! I try and appreciate the little things too, but it is easy to forget in the daily rush, thanks for the reminder
: )

Jennifer Jeffries Gallagher said...

HI! I thought I would stop by your blog and say hello! I cannot wait to give my scarves for Christmas. Please stop by my shop and blog when you get a chance!
www.thehoneyfitzfactory.blogspot.com
www.thehoneyfitzfactory.etsy.com

Sam said...

I love this post! I'm so with you finding the joy there in stressful situations like that!

It was super hot and humid in Sydney today but I was on holiday and with my boyfriend so all else took a back seat!

CyndiLou said...

I'm in the Atlanta area too, so I know that you can't go anywhere in this town without some kind of automotive obstical! This time of year I enjoy the outdoor ornaments for the holidays!
Please stop my blog sometime.
Cyndi
cyndiLou.blogspot.com

oil paintings said...

the times and dominated the thinking of the art techniques Constraints, showing a different face.

油画网油画画廊装饰画